Mahindra Satyam is a premier Application Development & Maintenance Services (ADMS) provider that ensures continuous improvement in service levels. We have rich experience in legacy application migration to Java / J2EE platform, driven by a matured reverse engineering model that is both tool based and manual.
Mahindra Satyam’s repository of reusable Java components accelerates the project development. We offer robust, cost-effective solutions designed around Open Source tools. Our team uses Test Driven Development (TDD) platform for application development to produce consistent, bug-free quality code that is ready for deployment.
Highlights of our Java/J2EE Competency include:
- Team of 2,800 plus working on Java /J2EE projects
- Java product expertise with BEA, SUN, IBM, Oracle and JBoss
- Early adopter of Spring with a team of 800+ focused on Spring-based development across various projects
- Expertise implementing projects with RUP, Agile and SDLC methodologies
- A strong delivery team providing rich project expertise and best practices
- 230+ active projects
- Over 1,000+ skilled professionals in ORM tools like Hibernate
- Trained on WebLogic Platform (Portal, WLS, WLI etc), AquaLogic Suite( ALUI, ALBPM, ALESB)
- Strong exposure to User Experience Management and Security capabilities
- Center of Excellence (COE) for providing Architecture Solutions
- Helping clients build a comprehensive IT competence with lower turnaround times and optimized maintenance costs
| Mainframe Competency
Mahindra Satyam has a dedicated Mainframe Competency to provide innovative solutions to customers by using traditional as well as newer technologies.
Our pioneering effort in the Mainframe Competency helped us handle global assignments for Fortune 500 customers in the areas of Application Development, Maintenance, Migrations, Reengineering, Web Enablement, Performance Management, Testing, and Modernization & Infrastructure Services. We have a z9 server with a huge software stack, which is extensively used to maintain high maturity levels in the core industry service offerings.
Our Mainframe Competency offerings include:
- Application Development, Maintenance & Support
- Application Transformation
- Technology Consulting
- Performance Management
- Systems Programming
- SOA on Mainframe
Major Business Problems addressed
- More than 35,000 person-years of experience
- Over 1,250+ Associates working on mainframe engagements
- Served more than 250 clients in past 20 years
- Vast experience in the entire portfolio of services: development, maintenance, support, migration, legacy modernization and infrastructure management
- Application consolidation to eliminate duplication and hardware cost
- Adoption of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Building a front-end that can extend the capabilities of the legacy system
- Porting legacy applications from mainframe to industry-standard servers
- Batch window and response time reduction
- Business rules extraction and documentation
- Capability to handle multi-year, multi-portfolio, SLA-driven integrated outsourcing engagements (Application + Business Process + Infrastructure) on turnkey basis
- Capability and flexibility to work with global customers
- Leveraging the power of alliances and deep partnerships
- Common delivery framework and integrated workbench for seamless delivery across geographies
- Global resource base with ability to handle large ramp-ups
- Guaranteed Benefits
- Effort reduction in project life cycle
- Cost savings in reverse engineering & migration
- Reduction in application development time
- High quality project deliverables
Dedicated testing competency center (QEdge)
|Our Technology CoE:
- Expedites the testing lifecycle, reduces cycle time and time-to-market
- Establishes enterprise metrics and benchmarks, identifies bottlenecks, risks and contingencies
- Assists in continuous improvement of testing practices and ensures test initiatives are streamlined with release schedules
- Establishes enterprise test management and governance standards
- Reduces operating costs and delivers increased capability by strengthening the weakest link
|Our Technology-centric Services include:
- ERP Testing: E2E Testing Solutions covering various ERP applications such as SAP, Oracle Apps, Siebel, People Soft etc.
- Security Testing: Application Security Testing, Web Application Vulnerability Assessment, Application Penetration Testing, Threat Modeling of Applications, Application Policy Reviews, Ethical Hacking of Applications and Risk Assessment of Web Applications
- Embedded Testing: Testing Embedded systems from small micro-controller based systems to large multiprocessor, hard real-time systems
- SOA Testing: Web service Testing, Web service Integration Testing, Orchestration Testing. These services are performed using various open source and commercial test tools like iTKO LISA and HP ST tools
- Agile Testing: Consulting services on Agile implementation roadmap, Agile Life Cycle Model Development, and enabling clients to migrate to Agile Scrum Methodology and on tools related to agile testing.
- Test Automation: Our automation test methodology has been evolved by aligning the business processes/transactions to meet the objectives as required by system behavior, business functionality as well as technological considerations. Our Automation services include implementation of automation frameworks and conducting automation feasibility analysis leading to better return for the customers.
- Inter-operability Testing: Testing services that ensure that inter-operability between the systems is not subject to any failure
| Data Modeling & Databases
Mahindra Satyam features exceptional capabilities and deep expertise in the development and maintenance of Data Models (Enterprise, Application & Domain/Industry Data Models) and Database Applications. Our competency team develops and proliferates best practices in data modeling & database application development. We have expertise in using the Erwin Data Modeler tool, which is a market-leading data modeling tool.
Data Modeling & Database Competency offers:
- Consulting on data modeling
- Proliferation of best practices in design & development of database applications
- Checklists and best practices for data modeling
- Database application design and code review
To stay ahead of competition, Mahindra Satyam helps you zero in on emerging and cutting-edge technologies. We ensure that innovations are adopted, evaluated and proliferated, both within the organization and with customers. Technology evolution is tracked in collaboration with analyst organizations as well as alliance partners resulting in spawning of industry unique service offerings. Our Emerging Technologies Competency also identifies scope for innovation, along with customers, resulting in improved competitive edge and enhanced productivity.
Our Emerging Technologies Competency gets involved in cutting-edge and evolving technologies that can be the differentiators for an organization. We work in a challenging environment to create high quality artifacts that improve the organization’s competitive edge.
We interact with analyst organizations as well as customers to identify trends. We work with our alliance partners to ensure early adoption of technology resulting in high quality artifacts, Proof of Concepts, reusable frameworks and best practices. We provide thought leadership in emerging areas and knowledge dissemination through webinars.
After Sales Service
We have service offerings around warranty management, parts ordering/inventory management, and regulatory compliance. We have been investing on a productized solution in warranty management that covers the entire service chain.
Mahindra Satyam has created many corporate websites involving various collaboration tools, delivered solutions around support functions such as finance, HRMS, legal, and administration.