FY11-12 Revenues at Rs 6,396 crore, up 24%.
USD Revenues for FY12 at 1.31 bn, up 16%
|MQ4 EBITDA margin at 17.5%; highest in past 3 years
|Hyderabad, India, May 17, 2012: Mahindra Satyam, a leading global consulting and IT services provider, today announced its audited consolidated financial results under Indian GAAP for the fourth quarter and year ended March 31, 2012.
Financial Highlights for the quarter ended March 31, 2012:
Financial Highlights for the year ended March 31, 2012:
- Consolidated Revenues at Rs 1,666 crore, up 21% YoY
- EBITDA at Rs 292 crs, margins at 17.5%, up 132 bps QoQ
- PAT at Rs 534 crore, as compared to Rs 308 crore in the previous quarter
- EPS was Rs 4.5 per share in Q4
Financial Highlights in USD (per convenience translation)
- Revenues at Rs 6,396 crore, up 24% YoY
- EBITDA at Rs 1,024 crore, margin at 16%, up 729 bps YoY
- PAT at Rs 1,306 crore, as compared to loss of Rs 147 crore in the previous year
- EPS was Rs 11.1 per share for FY12
- Fourth Quarter Revenues at USD 337 million, up 3.7% QoQ
- Q4FY12 EBITDA at USD 59 million
- Q4FY12 PAT at USD 108 million
- Revenues for FY12 at USD 1,311 million, up 16%
- FY12 EBITDA at USD 210 million
- FY12 PAT at USD 268 million
Vineet Nayyar, Chairman, Mahindra Satyam, said, “We continue to make steady progress in our transformation journey. Our results for the past 3 years and the current quarter are a vindication of our growth strategy and the fighting spirit of team Mahindra Satyam. Despite the uncertainties in the global market, our team has proved its mettle through sustained volume growth, improved margins, key client additions and creation of innovative platform and offerings”
- Total headcount stood at 33,353 as of March 31, 2012, a net addition of 1,073 QoQ and 4,087 YoY
- Attrition improved to 15% in Q4FY12 as compared to 22% in corresponding quarter of last year
Speaking on the occasion, CP Gurnani, CEO, Mahindra Satyam, said, “While the business world grapples with the looming uncertainties, we have been able to swim against the tide. This reflects our growing ability to straddle the complex task of maintaining the agility of a start up with the experience and maturity of a behemoth. Our customers and partners have endorsed this aspect and continue to invest in our competencies, as we step into our next three year transformation phase.”
- Selected by a large Middle East Government organization for its Infrastructure managed services. It’s one of largest IMS deal in Middle east region for Mahindra Satyam
- Won a GTM implementation deal from one of the largest Global aircraft manufacturers
- Won a multimillion multiyear deal from a leading precious metals and financial services group of companies for oracle implementation and support
- Mahindra Satyam was chosen by a semiconductor global leader for its sharepoint development and IMS support
- Chosen by one of world’s oldest publishing houses in UK for implementation of it’s SAP Global Finance and Fulfilment (GFF) and Procurement Rollout over next 3 years
- Mahindra Satyam signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Intertek, a leading international provider of testing, inspection and certification services, to collaborate on Smart Grid-focused testing and engineering activities
- Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Tech Mahindra and Mahindra Satyam signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for broad collaboration in the field of analytics for the Telecom vertical to develop joint solutions in data mining and data analytics
- QEdge (Mahindra Satyam and Tech Mahindra testing team) has partnered with Experimentus Ltd to deliver TMMi (Test Maturity Model Integrated) assessment and improve software Testing and Quality related processes
- Mahindra Satyam, in association with Microsoft has launched “Enterprise Cloud Computing” solution based on Microsoft System Center suite. Mahindra Satyam is the first Microsoft partner that has launched Enterprise Cloud Computing solution using Microsoft System Center suite
Awards, References, Recognitions
- New Mahindra Satyam facility and SAP Mobility CoE was inaugurated at Mahindra Satyam, Pune
- A dedicated lab for Consumer Application major was inaugurated at MSTC, Hyderabad. This lab will cater to the requirements of washing machine testing for the Customer
- The Chennai SEZ (CMSC) Campus in ELCOT Sholinganallur with a built up space of 6.25 Lakh SFT commenced its business operations. The new campus has seating capacity of 5,570 IT Spaces and 328 Training spaces.
About Mahindra Satyam
- Mahindra Satyam won Excellence in Thought Leadership Partner Award from Pegasystems at their global sales conference in January, Orlando, Florida. The award recognized the thought leadership and value demonstrated through business transformation engagements with global Fortune 10 customers
- Leading consumer goods ODC at Bangalore certified for the SA 8000 Certification by TUV Nord. SA 8000 is an internationally accepted standard for Social Accountability and focuses on an organization’s commitment to employee rights, workplace conditions and management systems
- SAP HANA team of Mahindra Satyam became the FIRST team to be certified by SAP in India. SAP HANA software is a flexible, multipurpose, data source agnostic in-memory appliance that combines SAP software components optimized on hardware provided and delivered by SAP leading technology partners.
Mahindra Satyam is a leading global business and information technology services company that leverages deep industry and functional expertise, leading technology practices, and an advanced, global delivery model to help clients transform their highest-value business processes and improve their business performance. The company's professionals excel in enterprise solutions, supply chain management, client relationship management, business intelligence, business process quality, engineering and product lifecycle management, and infrastructure services, among other key capabilities.
Mahindra Satyam is part of the $14.4 billion Mahindra Group, a global federation of companies and one of the top 10 business houses based in India. The group focuses on enabling people to rise. Mahindra operates in the key industries that drive economic growth, enjoying a leadership position in tractors, utility vehicles, information technology, vacation ownership, rural and semi-urban financial services, etc. Mahindra has a significant and growing presence amongst others, in the automotive industry, agribusiness, aerospace, automotive components, consulting services, defence, energy, industrial equipment, logistics, real estate, retail, steel and two wheelers.
Mahindra Satyam development and delivery centers in the US, Canada, Brazil, the UK, Hungary, Egypt, UAE, India, China, Malaysia, Singapore, and Australia serve numerous clients, including many Fortune 500 organizations.
For more information, see www.mahindrasatyam.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/mahindra_satyam
For clarifications, write to us at: MediaRelations@mahindrasatyam.com
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. The forward-looking statements contained herein are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those reflected in the forward-looking statements. Mahindra Satyam undertakes no duty to update any forward-looking statements.
in Rs Million
|Consolidated P&L Summary
|C&B cost - Personnel and Sub Con
|Depreciation / Amortisation
|Interest and Financing Charges
|Profit Before Tax
|Provision for Tax
|Profit After Tax (after Minority
|EPS - Rs/Share for the Quarter / Year